4 Beef Filet (Eye of Ribeye)
4 oz pieces (1 inch thick)
2 tbls. Margarine
2 tbls. Shallots (Minced)
1 tbls. Green Peppercorns
3 tbls. port Wine
3 tbls. Cognac
8 tnls. Beef Stock
5 tbls. Non Dairy Béchamel sauce
2-3 drops (taste) Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 tsp. Kosher Salt
2 tbls. Butcher Grind Black Pepper
1. Season beef filets with kosher salt, then place black pepper
on a plate, and roll edges of beef to crust.
2. Place margarine in a saute pan over medium high heat and sear beef on all sides to form a nice brown crust.
3. Remove beef filet from pan and place onto an oven proof tray and finish in oven about 8 minutes for medium on 375 degrees.
4. Take saute pan with all the margarine and excess fat,
return to flame over medium low heat and add shallots, saute for one minute. (Do not brown shallots.)
5. Add port wine, reduce by half.
6. Add cognac and reduce by 1/3 (add cognac away from flame).
7. Add green peppercorns and cook for 30 seconds.
8. Add Beef Stock, reduce by 1/3
9. Add béchamel sauce
incorporate until smooth.
10. Add red wine vinegar drop by drop to taste. Let meat rest for 5 minutes, pour sauce over filets or serve on the side.
Serve with: fried onions, garlic mashed (yukon gold)Potatoes, string beans with roasted garlic and grape tomatoes