¼ Cup - orange juice
2 tsp - fresh lemon juice
2 - 8 oz boneless/skinless salmon filets
3 Tbsp - Chef Mark’s BBQ rub (add more or less to your taste)
1 tsp - vegetable oil
1/2 tsp - kosher salt
¼ tsp- freshly ground black pepper
½ cup - Chef Mark’s bourbon BBQ sauce
1. Mix together orange and lemon juice. Place salmon in Ziploc bag and pour marinade into the bag. Shake bag gently until mixture covers salmon. Marinate 20-30 minutes in refrigerator.
2. Take out salmon and pat dry with paper towels and discard marinade.
3. Rub salmon with oil, salt, pepper and Chef Mark’s BBQ rub.
4. Place in 375 oven for 6 minutes, then take salmon out of oven and slather with Chef Mark’s Bourbon BBQ sauce. Place back in oven for 3 minutes.
5. Take out salmon out of oven and serve with Chef Mark’s Bourbon BBQ sauce on side.
Chef Mark Green was born in 1960 in Glen Cove, Long Island, NY. He attended North Country Community College in Saranac Lake, NY in 1980 and majored in art/photography and played ice hockey. In his second year of college, he got injured and his dreams of playing professional ended. In 1982, he continued his education at Nassau Community College in Culinary Arts program and then attended the New York Restaurant School in Manhattan.
His first career job was with Club Mediterranean for 7 years and then at the Divi Divi Beach Hotel in Aruba. After relocating to Key West Florida to work for the Reach Hotel, he finally moved back to Long Island to become Executive Chef for Restaurant Marketing Associates.
While freelancing for a Kosher Caterer in Great Neck, NY, Mark was given an opportunity to become an Executive Chef for one of the first upscale Kosher restaurants in Brooklyn, NY Glatt A la Carte.
Mark resides in Oceanside, NY with wife of 15 years, Raziel, daughter, Malaya, 10 years old and son, Hayden, 5 years old in the house he constructed where he loves to cook for family and friends.
And now in the restaurant, Chef Mark’s line of spice rubs and special barbeque sauces are available for sale.