4 pieces French cut chicken, skin on
4 pieces boneless chicken legs, skin on
2 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 sprig thyme
1 sprig rosemary
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1. Using a heavy bottom skillet, heat over medium high heat.
2. Add the oil to coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Season the chicken with the salt and pepper and place skin side down into the skillet.
4. Cook the chicken until the skin is light golden brown, add the garlic and herb sprigs to the
pan and place into a 375 degree oven for 8-12 minutes until the chicken cooks through and an
internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached.
For the Sauce:
2 tsp chopped shallot
1/4 cup dry white wine
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 tsp chopped thyme
1 tbsp canola oil
3-4 pieces dried apricots, diced small
Small pinch of saffron
2 tbsp pastrami, small dice
1. Place the pastrami and shallots in a pan with the canola oil. Cook until lightly browned over
2. Add the wine and reduce by half, then add the thyme, chicken stock, saffron, and apricots to the pan, reduce by half again, season with salt and pepper.
3. Spoon over chicken and serve.