2nd cut brisket 1 lbs
Dried Cherry 1 ½ cup
Prepared White Horseradish ¼ cup
Ketchup ¼ cup
Beef Stock 2 qt
Red Wine ¼ Cup
Onion 1, sliced
Carrot 1 large
Celery 2 stalks
Garlic 2 cloves
Flat Leaf Parsley 3 sprigs
Thyme 3 sprigs
Sage 1 sprig
Micro Greens 1 container
Red Onion 1 thinly sliced
Flour ¼ Cup
Oil 1 Cup
1. Heat the pan that the brisket will be browned in. Add some oil. The pan should be just large enough to fit all the ingredients in.
2. Salt and pepper the beef on both sides, brown brisket in the pan, once browned on all sides remove from pan and reserve.
3. Pour off some of the excess oil and in the same pan saute the celery, carrot, onion and garlic until just browned. De glaze with the wine. Add the cherries, ketchup and the stock.
4. Put the brisket back in, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover. Simmer until the brisket is fork tender. In the last 30 minutes of cooking add the herbs. 3-4 hours.
5. Once the brisket is fork tender remove it from the pan.
6. Puree the sauce in a blender or food processor until smooth, add the horseradish a bit at a time to taste, then strain.
7. Toss the red onion in the flour and fry in the oil until crispy.
8. Once the brisket has cooled down, shred with a fork.